The eggplant water, taken both externally and internally, not only eased the pain but made the cause of it go away. Arthritis that the woman suffered from is caused when the cartilage that cushioned the bones in her ankles and knees started to deteriorate.
Cartilage is a gel-like substance that acts as a shock absorber when the joints are used.
The damage done to the cartilage caused it to release enzymes that destroyed the very components that made it up.
Arthritis attacked the lady’s ankles and knees because these are weight bearing joints and subject to more stress. Because she was an older lady, her arthritis was due to the ravages of time.
Besides her pain, she had tenderness and swelling of either the tissue or bone around the joints.
She heard a creaking sound called crepitus whenever she moved them.
Recipe for the arthritis cure was this:
• Bring a pot of water to boil
• Slice a medium sized eggplant into rounds
• Place them in the boiling water, and take the pot off the heat
• Let the eggplant steep in the cooling water
• Drain 25 ounces of the water into a jar and put it into the fridge.
Drink an 8-ounce glass of the eggplant water three times a day, at breakfast, lunch, and dinner.