Aloe vera is one of the most popular herbal plants of today as its leaves are packed with various nutrients that provide numerous health benefits to us when used appropriately. However, not everyone knows the potential of this plant which is why it’s important that you learn what makes the aloe vera the best natural treatment there is.
The aloe vera is a type of succulent plant where water is retained in its thick and fleshy leaves. There are two main substances to be found in the leaf of an aloe vera and these are the sap and the gel where the latter is mainly composed of water and various nutrients which make this particular plant an essential in everyone’s home.
So what benefits for the skin can the aloe plant provide you with? Here are six known benefits that you should keep in mind.
- Minimizes stretch marks. Stretch marks occur when the skin stretches at an abnormal rate which can be due to weight gain, pregnancy, or muscle gain. The tissue underneath the skin is torn causing spider lines to appear on the affected area. These lines tend to be lighter than your natural color. Fortunately, there are ways to minimize the appearance of these lines and one of them is to apply aloe vera gel on your skin. If you can get a soap that contains this ingredient, you can use it to treat those stretch marks.
- Acne treatment. Teens and even adults suffer from acne breakout from time to time but this doesn’t mean that you can’t do anything about it. One way to treat any blemishes or acne breakout is to use the aloe gel from the plant. You need to combine a tablespoon of aloe gel with 2 to 3 drops of lemon juice then apply the solution on the affected area. Leave it on for your skin to absorb.
- Cure for sunburn. Spending most of your day outside while the sun is high can lead to sunburn eventually. This can be painful to the touch as the skin becomes inflamed. A good solution for this is to use the gel from aloe vera as the antioxidants and nutrients present can help soothe the skin while at the same time promote healing.
- Did you know that the aloe vera can actually be used to moisture your skin? You can apply the gel from the plant directly onto your skin or you can opt for the aloe based gels out there that are being offered in health and wellness shops. It’s important that you choose one that contains up to 90% pure aloe if you want to reap the benefits.
- Treat insect bites. Another benefit of using aloe vera on your skin is that it can help treat insect bites and other inflammations. This is due to the anti-inflammatory properties of the said plant which helps bring back your skin’s natural health. You can apply the gel on the affected area to soothe the itch and reduce the swelling and irritation.
- Prevents any signs of aging. Fine lines are sure to appear as you get on in years but there are plenty of factors that can speed up the appearance of wrinkles and other signs of aging. If you want to slow down the march of time and retain that youthful glow, you can make a moisturizing pack with aloe vera. You will need to combine ½ teaspoon of olive oil, 1 teaspoon of aloe vera, and 1 teaspoon of oatmeal. Apply the paste on your face and leave it on for 30 minutes. Rinse the paste with cold water.