The following story is about a man that in 2001 weighed more than 400 pounds, and when you find out how he looks today you will be shocked.
That man is named Jon Gabriel and when he weighed more than 400 pounds he tried different diets and he also worked with Dr. Atkins for two months, and that doctor only yelled at Jon for being so fat. Jon says that none of the diets he tried was helpful, because he always came back at the same point where he was when he started using that diet in just a few days.
And one day he decided not to have another diet, ever again. He decided that he needs to figure out why his body seemed like forcing him to gain so much weight. He started spending 12 hours daily in researching hormones, enzymes, neurotransmitters and chemical massagers that actually caused weight gain.
He realized that losing weight does not mean counting the calories you intake, but creating the proper hormonal environment in the body that is conducive to weight loss. And what can cause unfavorable hormonal environment is stress and emotional issues. That is why psychological and emotional life should be seen as important just as what and when we eat, if you want to lose weight.
Without dieting in a period of two and half years he managed to lose 220 pounds. And today he is that same weight and he still doesn’t use any diet. He even eats whenever he wants and whatever he wants.
The keys to his transformation are the following:
1. First of all he stopped dieting and he started nourishing his body. How? –Through his research he realized that his body is starving for key nutrients such as omega-3 fatty acids, live foods and high-quality proteins. And that is why he made sure that he is consuming as much as possible all the high-quality nutrients. And he even consumed pizza, chips or candy whenever he wanted without any hesitation. And after a while he lost his taste for all that junk food because his body started preferring high-quality-nutrient foods.
2. He healed his digestion. He discovered the reason why he was starving for nutrients. That reason was that his digestive processes were compromised and he was not able to effectively extract the nutrients from the foods he consumed. In order to normalize his digestion he started consuming fermented and cultured foods and also he started taking probiotics and digestive enzymes.
3. For his sleep apnea he started using CPAP machine. In case many of you do not know what sleep apnea is, it is a condition that affects a lot of overweight people. This condition leads to junk food cravings and insulin resistance because it created a hormonal environment in the body that encourages weight gain by causing elevated cortisol levels. And you can easy solve the problem with sleep apnea with the CPAP machine. This machine will blow air into your nose and mouth in order to keep your windpipe open and you will sleep through the night without any kind of troubles.
4. He started using mind-body practices in order to reduce stress. Stress can also lead to constant cravings, and many people still don’t understand of how much big importance is the stress if they want to lose weight. So he started meditating and visualizing every morning and that reduced his stress levels.
5. He created a much more sustainable life. How? –He moved to a more affordable house and started growing some of his own foods. That way he felt calmer and more supported. He was really happy with the fact that whenever he was hungry he could just go to the back yard and he will take something fresh to eat.
6. He worked through some important emotional issues. He managed to resolve past traumas when he started doing visualization practices. Many people are using weight as a form of protection because they feel safer with that extra weight. And Jon named this ‘’emotional obesity’’. And he recommends to all people that want to lose weight that they need to work through the issues that are causing that ‘’emotional obesity’’. That way you will break the association that fat equals safe and the body will be more willing to give up of the extra weight.
7. He detoxified his body. He started doing a lot of research about toxins and how the body is processing them and even how to deal with toxic chemicals after he lost 180 pounds. And he found out that 40 excess pounds that he had were there because of the stored toxins in the body. That is why he added alkaline liquids like water with lemon juice or apple cider vinegar, green juices, super greens, salads and sprouts to his diet. And that helped him to lose those 40 pounds that were there due to the stored toxins in his body.
These steps helped many other people as well.